Many of us have felt overwhelmed last year and with the new 2021 lockdown, but there’s always a silver lining.
Lockdowns have brought a few good things
– Families have got closer.
– People have finally learnt to save money.
– Many people now understand the importance of investing in making their homes as comfortable as possible.
– We have learnt to appreciate nature.
– Many people have become more active and follow a home exercise routine.
– We have learnt to take things one day at the time.
– On a funny note, some relationships have ended for good – which isn’t a bad thing for those who were in unhappy relationships.
These positive aspects can be reworked into excellent New Year’s resolutions.
Here are some ideas we’ve put together:
– Learn to recognise and manage stress. This is ever so important in these uncertain times!
– Learn relaxation techniques.
– Constantly build quality relationships with positive and like-minded people.
– Try a new workout routine every month.
– Avoid impulse purchases.
– Make your home more comfortable, one room at the time.
– Set up a home office. No more improvising or working from the couch!
– Start the year with a massive decluttering session.
Did you know that decluttering has stress-relieving effect?
Getting rid of clutter we’ve been holding on for years is liberating – our clients always comment on this. It can really make your home more liveable and inspiring, so you’ll feel more relaxed and productive.
Many Londoners are planning on moving to a new home and starting a new life during the post-lockdown period, and we can’t stress it enough: decluttering is the best place to start. Having fewer possessions makes it easier to plan a move, pack and unpack.
And if you can’t move to a bigger home just now, decluttering is also the answer! It’s the easiest way to increase the amount of usable space in your home. By the way, businesses can also benefit from decluttering, especially if they’re office based. Storage rooms and archives are the best places to get started.
As you go about decluttering your home or business, classify your belongings into “keep”, “discard” and “unsure”. It’s o.k. to have doubts about whether you keep something or not. But don’t feel pressured to keep the items in the “unsure” category at home or in your office. You can put these items into short term or temporary storage until you make a decision.
In the meantime, you’ll enjoy a clutter-free home environment that will help you stick to your New Year’s resolutions.
Ask For Help!
At G W Twilley & Son Removals, we are a team of friendly movers and storage services specialists. Call us on 020 8888 5156 for further advice or request a video survey and consultation.