Many people who were planning to move homes last year had to delay their plans due to the pandemic. If this is your case, you’ll be pleased to know that the real estate market is open for business in 2021. Removals companies, conveyancers and estate agents are allowed to operate under strict health and safety regulations.
At Twilleys Removals we’re continually reviewing our procedures to ensure we keep our staff and customers safe. But keeping everyone safe is a team effort, so homeowners must be aware of the new regulations.
Moving homes in 2021
Here is what you need to know if you’re moving into another property in 2021.
- Monitor your health in the days before moving date. If anyone in your household develops symptoms or is asked to self-isolate, contact your movers to change the date.
- On moving day, make sure there’s enough ventilation by keeping internal doors open.
- Clean / disinfect all surfaces before movers arrive.
- Keep a good supply of hand sanitiser, soap, and paper towels so movers can use it.
- Wear a face covering while removals staff are in your home. They will do the same too.
Storage services during lockdown
If you think you’ll need storage during the moving period, book a video survey to get an accurate estimate. The same applies if you declutter and plan to donate unwanted belongings. It is essential that you clean and disinfects any items that will go into storage.
We can all do our part to keep others healthy and minimise the burden of NHS staff.
At Twilleys we take public health seriously and all our staff are trained to follow the latest official regulations. We encourage you to have a look at the official government advice page.
If you have questions about how this affects your move, please get in touch. We’re always happy to help.