If you are moving house anytime soon, you will need a simple labelling system!
Packing is one of the most dreaded parts of house removals. But there’s no need to feel overwhelmed: simple things like having a labelling system can make packing easier. Not only that, when you label your moving boxes like a pro, unpacking and settling into your new home will also be easier.
1- Get The Right Packing Materials
- Labels: You can either buy pre-printed moving labels, print your own, or get blank labels and write their contents with a marker.
- Waterproof markers: This is important if you’re moving homes within the UK, where chances of rain are high at any time of the year.
- Moving boxes: Get good quality moving boxes here. They don’t have to be brand new, but if they are used, make sure you remove or cover previous labels to avoid confusion.
- Get yourself scissors, packing tape, wrapping paper and some bubble wraps (special for fragile items).
- If you are using G W Twilley & Son Removals for your house removal or office move, boxes will be loaned to you and tape supplied free of charge.
- Alternatively, buy high-quality packing materials at great rates and we will deliver at your door before the move.
2- Choose A Labelling System
The most common moving box labelling systems are:
- Colour-coding, where you label your boxes based on one colour per room.
- Number based, where you label your moving boxes based on one number per room.
Regardless of which system you use, remember to:
- Write down the contents of each box on the label.
- Mark each box with an H, M, or L. These letters correspond to priority levels (high, medium, and low), and will help you get your new home ready faster.
- Label your moving boxes right after you’ve finished packing them. This way, you won’t forget what you’ve put in them.
- Draw an arrow on each box specifying which is the right side up, especially in boxes that contain fragile items.
- Cover your labels with packing tape for extra protection.
3- Follow expert advice
Don’t underestimate the importance of labelling your moving boxes, and follow the tips above to make your home move hassle-free. If you feel that packing boxes and labelling isn’t your thing, don’t hesitate to contact us for packing assistance! Call us on 020 8888 5156 or fill the contact form.