Most of us look forward to the Christmas holidays and to spending quality time with our loved ones. Moving house might not be the ideal way of spending the festive period, but sometimes this may be your only choice. And after all, moving during Christmas has its advantages too!
Pros of moving house during Christmas
- It might be easier to get helpers, as most people take time off during Christmas.
- You’ll be able to get discounted packing supplies. Take advantage of Black Friday and Christmas sales!
- If you have young children, it’s easier to have them stay with relatives or friends while you move.
- You’ll have extra motivation to get the move done before the end of the year.
- You won’t need to take additional days off work to complete the move.
Cons of moving homes during Christmas
- You may be particularly nostalgic at this time of the year thinking about previous Christmas celebrations you’ve had in your old home. But a new home is a new beginning, so you’ll be in the right spot during the New Year.
- You may feel that you’re rushing through the holidays. However, planning in advance can take stress off the move and leave you with time to celebrate.
- There might be some extra preparation involved due to winter weather.
Remember that having professional help can make a world of a difference when moving. At Twilleys we are experts in stress-free removals throughout North London. We put at your disposal a range of additional services (including packing and storage) to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Call us and we’ll help you figure out the most effective way of moving homes this Christmas.